internet week new york 2014 unveils lineup of keynotes, panels, classes and exhibits for festival headquarters at chelsea's metropolitan pavilion
Mayor Bill de Blasio, Spike Lee, Zipcar’s Robin Chase, Upworthy’s Peter Koechley, Foursquare’s Dennis Crowley, Orange is the New Black’s Piper Kerman appearing at festival’s HQ
Jenny Chang, email@example.com
Marc Shatzman, firstname.lastname@example.org
New York, NY (April 22, 2014) -
Reinforcing New York City’s status as the global hub where technology and business and culture meet, Internet Week New York's HQ at Chelsea’s Metropolitan Pavilion will showcase keynotes with the industry’s leading thinkers, classes led by top experts, interactive art installations and panels on topics exploring tech’s impact on media, entertainment, retail, finance, advocacy and more.
Taking place from May 19th to 25th, Internet Week New York 2014 is expected to draw more than 45,000 people to over 250 events taking place at the IWNY HQand at venues across the city, including Webby Awards hosted by Patton Oswalt, The Webutante Ball, Time Inc.’s 10 NYC Startups to Watch and the Official IWNY HQ Closing Party. Passes to the Internet Week New York HQ can be purchased at http://internetweekny.com/orders.
Highlights of the Internet Week New York HQ lineup include:
- Marking his first major address to New York City's thriving technology industry, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio will kick off Internet Week New York 2014 on Monday, May 19th by outlining his administration’s plans to support and grow the city’s innovation economy.
- Keynotes by Netflix Chief Product Officer Neil Hunt, BuzzFeed Co-Founder and CEO Jonah Peretti, Zipcar Founder Robin Chase, Coca Cola Senior Vice President Jonathan Mildenhall, Indiegogo CEO Slava Rubin, Deputy Mayor Alicia Glen and VICE Co-Founder Suroosh Alvi.
- Founders and CEOs of New York City’s most successful tech companies and startups including Dennis Crowley (Foursquare), Limor "Ladyada" Fried (Adafruit), Peter Koechley (Upworthy), Kathryn Minshew (TheMuse.com), Lockhart Steele (Curbed Network), Peter Weijmarshausen (Shapeways) and Andrew McLaughlin (Instapaper, Digg and Betaworks).
- Reflecting technology’s impact on industries from entertainment to fashion to culture, actor and startup investor Omar Epps, Orange is the New Black author Piper Kerman and model and TV host Chrissy Teigan will lead a diverse roster of speakers appearing on the HQ stages.
- Featured talks on entrepreneurship and startups including talks with Quotidian Ventures Partner Rick Webb and Lerer Ventures Partner Eric Hippeau and a panel on New York City accelerators.
- Daily series featuring interviews with winners and judges of the 2014 Webby Awards.
- Classroom sessions curated by The Trade Desk, Aquent Gymnasium, CourseHorse, General Assembly and other top companies offering crash courses on building skillsets on everything from marketing, advertising, coding and bitcoin to data visualization.
- Winning panels selected by the public in the festival’s Make the Stage competition including an exploration of athletes’ behavior online and on the court with Spike Lee, a look at 3D printing for the body and a discussion on how data can help people live longer.
- Interactive displays, artwork and exhibitions in the Internet Week New York Digital Playground including a Silent Disco by Evolve Media, 360º selfies via a state-of-the-art camera rigged from the venue’s ceiling and a screening of the final episode of Internet Week Tech Digs presented by CBRE, which explores the workplaces of New York City’s top digital companies.
- A café curated by Food To Eat featuring New York City’s top street vendors including Cemita’s Mexican Sandwiches, Nadia’s Moroccan Kitchen, Mimi and Coco, Fun Buns, Salad Pangea and more.
About Internet Week New York Launched in 2008 in cooperation with the New York Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment, Internet Week New York is a week-long festival celebrating Internet business and culture. In 2013, more than 45,000 people attended nearly 400 events throughout the city. Sponsors of Internet Week New York 2014 include CBRE (Real Estate Sponsor), Vitamin T, The Trade Desk (Classroom Sponsor), Telescope (Social Engagement Sponsor), Neustar (Co-Presenting Data Sponsor), SheKnows, MediaCom (Live Feed Sponsor), Quantcast, MediaPost’s OMMA (Theater Sponsor), Yahoo, Oracle Social Cloud (Retail and Commerce Sponsor), Evolve Media (Stage Sponsor), 24Seven Inc. (Co-presenting Style and Design Sponsor), USA TODAY | GANNETT (Stage Sponsor), Sailthru, Outbrain, TakePart, Elio Motors, Brabble (Startup City Sponsor), CementBloc (Citywide Event Sponsor), Criteo (Future of Marketing and Advertising Sponsor), Swissnex (Start-up City Sponsor), Dealmarket (Startup City Sponsor), Delivery.com (Startup City Sponsor), Gbanga (Startup City Sponsor), Headstore (Startup City Sponsor), Instahive (Startup City Sponsor), Honey (Startup City Sponsor), Brabble (Startup City Sponsor), Celtra (Co-Presenting Future of Marketing and Adverstising Sponsor). Partners include VICE (Content Partner), The Webby Awards (Content Partner), Mixcloud (Music Partner), GrandLife Hotels (Hotel Partner), Design Within Reach (Design Partner), Food to Eat (Cafe Partner), Uber (Transportation Partner), Mother New York (Content Partner), General Assembly (Education Partner), CourseHorse (Education Partner), FastPXL (Mobile App Partner), CBS Interactive (Media Partner), The New York Times (Media Partner), Flavorpill (Media Partner), Northside (Media Partner), Mashable (Media Partner), Refinery29 (Media Partner), Automotive News (Media Partner), CNYB (Media Partner), Tekserve (Technology Partner) and AlleyWire (Media and Content Partner). Internet Week New York is presented by Made in New York, the Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment (Presenting Partner) and Crain Communications. The official site for Internet Week New York is www.InternetWeekNY.com