internet week new york to spotlight emerging tech companies at global startup city
Exhibition to take place at Internet Week New York HQ from May 19-22
Jenny Chang, email@example.com
Marc Shatzman, firstname.lastname@example.org
New York, NY (May 08, 2014) -
Internet Week New York 2014 will host Global Startup City, where emerging tech companies will exhibit their products and pitch their ventures to festival-goers, organizers announced today.
Taking place at Internet Week New York HQ (Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 West 18th Street) from May 19 – 22, Global Startup City will offer an exhibition area where festival-goers can meet the entrepreneurs behind the startups and experience and test their services. The exhibition will culminate with a Demo Day on Thursday, May 22nd from 3:30 to 4:30pm, where the companies will deliver a five-minute pitch on stage. The event will be moderated by industry experts and streamed live online to a global audience.
The companies participating in Internet Week New York’s Global Startup City are:
- Basno, a site that aims to help people receive recognition and value for the commitments and accomplishments that define them, by providing a platform for creating and collecting digital badges.
- Brabble, a free social-sharing app that gives users the power to share video, photo, audio and text all in one trusted network environment.
- Delivery.com, an online ordering platform that empowers neighborhood economies by enabling customers to order online from their favorite local restaurants, grocers, wine and spirits shops and other stores.
- FoodtoEat, a sustainable way to order online from food trucks, restaurants and caterers that helps these food businesses flourish, while saving customers money and providing great perks.
- Honey, an internet tool that helps organizations share company news, latest industry trends and innovative ideas with their teams.
- Padspin, a community-driven platform reinventing the experience of finding apartments by offering listings made by a community of renters - not brokers or landlords.
- Swissnex, an initiative of Switzerland’s State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) aimed at accelerating exchanges between Switzerland and knowledge hubs around the world, will be showcasing the following four startups from Switzerland:
- DealMarket, a global online platform for fundraising and deal flow management that serves as a one-stop shop for private equity. DealMarket offers a free marketplace for commission-free investment deals and capital as well as affordable access to industry-leading third-party information and services.
- Gbanga, an award-winning location-aware social gaming platform for mobile phones. Described as a mixed-reality entertainment, Gbanga's gaming environment changes relative to the player's real-world location.
- Headstore, a new business channel that lets users sell know-how, information and advice online through live video communication.
- Instahive, a social app that focuses on building temporary micro-communities around events. Based on native apps backed by a web platform, Instahive empowers people at events to share their experiences with one another, get to know each other and digitally enhance their physical event experience.
Internet Week New York 2014 is expected to draw more than 45,000 people to over 250 events, taking place at the Internet Week New York HQ and at venues across the city. New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, Zipcar Founder Robin Chase, BuzzFeed Co-Founder and CEO Jonah Peretti, Upworthy Co-Founder Peter Koechly, Orange is the New Black author Piper Kerman and actor and startup investor Omar Epps are among the leaders speaking at Internet Week New York HQ.
Anyone with an Internet Week New York HQ pass can attend Global Startup City and Demo Day presentations. Passes can be purchased at: https://internetweekny.com/orders.
About Internet Week Launched in 2008 in cooperation with the New York Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment, Internet Week New York is a week-long festival celebrating Internet business and culture. In 2013, more than 45,000 people attended nearly 400 events throughout the city. Sponsors of Internet Week New York 2014 include CBRE (Real Estate Sponsor), Vitamin T, The Trade Desk (Classroom Sponsor), Telescope (Social Engagement Sponsor), Neustar (Co-Presenting Data Sponsor), SheKnows, MediaCom (Live Feed Sponsor), Quantcast, MediaPost’s OMMA (Theater Sponsor), Yahoo, Oracle Social Cloud (Retail and Commerce Sponsor), Evolve Media (Stage Sponsor), 24Seven Inc. (Co-presenting Style and Design Sponsor), USA TODAY | GANNETT (Stage Sponsor), Sailthru, Outbrain, TakePart, Elio Motors, Brabble (Startup City Sponsor), CementBloc (Citywide Event Sponsor), Criteo (Future of Marketing and Advertising Sponsor), Celtra (Co-Presenting Future of Marketing and Advertising Sponsor), Blinkx, Ntent, Rubicon, Core Audience, KBS and The Wall Street Journal. Partners include VICE (Content Partner), The Webby Awards (Content Partner), Mixcloud (Music Partner), GrandLife Hotels (Hotel Partner), Design Within Reach (Design Partner), Food to Eat (Cafe Partner), Uber (Transportation Partner), Mother New York (Content Partner), General Assembly (Education Partner), CourseHorse (Education Partner), FastPXL (Mobile App Partner), CBS Interactive (Media Partner), The New York Times (Media Partner), Flavorpill (Media Partner), Northside (Media Partner), Mashable (Media Partner), Refinery29 (Media Partner), Automotive News (Media Partner), CNYB (Media Partner), Tekserve (Technology Partner), AlleyWire (Media and Content Partner), QuizUp (Content Partner), Tasting Table (Media Partner), CE Week, Dealmarket (Startup City Partner), Delivery.com (Startup City Partner), Gbanga (Startup City Partner), Headstore (Startup City Partner), Instahive (Startup City Partner), Honey (Startup City Partner), Brabble (Startup City Partner), Padspin (Startup City Parnter) and Basno (Startup City Parnter). Internet Week New York is presented by Made in New York, the Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment (Presenting Partner) and Crain Communications. The official site for Internet Week is www.InternetWeekNY.com