al roker, bill bratton, and youtube superstar franchesca ramsey among leaders joining lineup for internet week new york 2015
More than 25,000 expected at citywide festival exploring how today’s tech-based economy is reshaping business, entertainment and culture
Jenny Chang, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark McArthur, email@example.com
New York, NY (March 19, 2015) -
New York City Police Commissioner Bill Bratton, Al Roker and YouTube superstar Franchesca Ramsey are among the leaders joining the official lineup for Internet Week, which will take place in New York City from May 18 – 24, organizers announced today.
Exploring how today’s tech-based economy is reshaping business, entertainment, and culture Internet Week is expected to draw more than 25,000 people to over 250 panels, meetups, exhibits, screenings, parties and more taking place across the city. Internet Week HQ, the nerve center of the festival, will stage the week’s premier speakers at the Metropolitan Pavilion in Chelsea including previously announced speakers like Nate Silver, Coca Rocha, Mark Ecko, and Vine celebrity Jerome Jarre.
New featured speakers announced today for the Internet Week HQ include:
- Bratton, current police commissioner of the City of New York (a position he also held earlier in his career in the mid-1990's) and the former police commission of Los Angeles, will discuss crime and policing in the digital age
- Roker, who has been a pioneer in the use of computer graphics for weathercasting and recently set the World Record for Longest Uninterrupted Live Weather Report with the livestreaming event #Rokerthon on TODAY.com.
- Franchesca Ramsey, the actress, comedian and video blogger whose 2012 viral video “Sh*t White Girls Say...to Black Girls” was viewed over 5 million times in just 5 days
- Jennifer Lawton, Executive Vice President of Stratasys, parent company of MakerBot industries
- Ayah Bdeir, founder and CEO of LittleBits, the open source modular electronics kits
- Amy Webb, futurist and author of “Data, A Love Story,” a bestselling book about the world of online dating, consumer behavior and finding love via algorithm
- Joseph Bradley, Cisco’s Internet of Everything Evangelist
“The speakers we are announcing today reflect how technology is transforming fields as far-flung as law enforcement, weather forecasting and online dating,” said Allison Arden, Managing Director of Internet Week. “We are thrilled to welcome this roster of innovators, leaders and thinkers to Internet Week to explore and debate where technology is taking us next.”
Tech enthusiasts can continue to purchase passes for Internet Week New York at special Early Bird prices until Friday, March 27, 2015. New this year, developer and startup scholarships have been added to the pass options. The Festival passes include the HQ Pass – One Day Access ($150), HQ Pass Students ($45) and HQ Pass ($300) providing week-long admission to the Internet Week New York headquarters. The VIP Pass ($810) is also available. Passes can be purchased online here.
Confirmed sponsors and partners of Internet Week New York 2015 include Oracle Social, Fiverr, Eyeview, YP, The Trade Desk, The Webby Awards, Digital.NYC, Design Within Reach, Food To Eat, Advertising Age, The New York Times, New York Magazine, Coursehorse, Big Screen Plaza, WNYC, Morgans Hotel Group and What’s Trending.
About Internet Week New York Launched in 2008 in cooperation with the New York Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment, Internet Week New York is a week-long festival celebrating Internet business and culture. In 2014, the IWNY HQ had 9,000+ visits and more than 25,000 people attended nearly 250 events throughout the city. Previous sponsors and partners of Internet Week New York include Google, Yahoo, AOL, MLB, CBRE, BuzzFeed, About.Com, A&E Television Networks, Bloomingdales, LG Electronics, Live Nation, Microsoft Hotmail, Revlon, VICE (Content Partner), Webby Media Group (Content Partner), Mixcloud (Music Partner), Refinery29 (Media Partner), and Design Within Reach (Design Partner). Internet Week New York is co-presented by Made in New York, the Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment and Crain Communications. The official site for Internet Week New York is http://www.InternetWeekNY.com
About Crain Communications Inc An industry leader, Crain Communications Inc is one of the largest privately owned business media companies with 30 leading business, trade and consumer brands in North America, Europe and Asia. The company's 850 employees in 11 locations produce exciting publications, digital products, events, marketing services, custom publishing, lead generation and research and data products to help its millions of readers and clients succeed. Crain Communications took a majority stake in Internet Week New York in August 2012, taking the reins of day-to-day management while working with the Internet Week New York team to grow the festival under a shared vision. The company's website is http://www.crain.com